Ministry/Leadership Tune-Up is an opportunity for clergy/leaders who seek to increase their impact in the ministry/work of leadership. Through an intensive assessment of their leadership behaviors and the assumptions behind them, participants will discern key factors for improving their performance as leaders of congregations and faith-based organizations.
• To increase the effectiveness of clergy (leaders.) in positions of leadership.
• To increase each participant’s awareness of his/her leadership patterns, competencies and habits of thought.
• To increase each participant’s ability to discern the leadership needs of her/his organizational context.
• To deepen the understanding of leadership excellence utilizing the Character-Content-Competency dimensions of the Garrett-Samaritan Leadership Model.
• To assist each participant in the development and implementation of an Action Plan for increasing his/her leadership impact.
1. Individual: participants will complete the Leadership Circle Profile*, a comprehensive assessment of leadership capacity. The “360” instrument provides participants with:
• a personalized summary of competencies and behaviors
• a comparison of self-reported results with feedback from supervisors, colleagues and co-workers
• the opportunity to engage the assumptions underlying their patterns of action.
2.Organizational: participants and other leaders from their congregations or organization will complete the Leadership Culture Survey*, an assessment which:
• delivers a powerful description of a congregation’s leadership culture
• reveals how assessors view the current leadership culture and compares that reality to the optimal culture they desire
• reveals key opportunities for leadership development
• measures how a congregation’s leadership culture compares to that of other organizations
*The Leadership Circle Profile and Culture Survey were developed and are owned by The Leadership Circle™.
2-day assessment processing as a group
• Day 1: Leadership Circle Profile introduction
• Day 2: Leadership Culture Survey interpretation
2-day integrating learning and implementation
• Day 3: The Leadership Challenge: excellence, motivation and the ambiguity of intention
• Day 4: Developing an Action Plan
Coaching for Success:
Each participant will receive six individual coaching sessions following the workshop to facilitate implementation of her/his Action Plan.
Continuing Education Units:
Upon application, participants who fully complete the program will receive 3.5 Continuing Education Units from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary.
Sponsoring a Program
Ministry/Leadership Tune-up is a leadership formation program developed and provided as a collaborative initiative of:
|Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary||Samaritan Training and Resource Center|
|2121 Sheridan Rd.
Evanston, IL 60201
|1819 Bay Scott Circle, Suite 109
Naperville, IL 60540