GPSS Leadership Coach Training Program
Samaritan Interfaith Counseling Center and Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, offer a training program designed for those seeking to apply a faith and values based model in leadership coaching.
GPSS Leadership Coach Training is approved by the International Coach Federation for 125 hours (101 student hours and 24 mentor coaching hours) of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) and is a CCE Approved Coach Training Provider for the BCC Credential.
GPSS Leadership Coaches assist individuals and organizations to:
- increase their effectiveness and performance by helping them achieve a better sense of balance in their lives.
- find ways to modify their current practices, tap into their personal resources, and develop skills that recalibrate their own actions and their interactions with others.
- manage change effectively, model mastery, elicit core values and commitments, renew human systems, sponsor future generations, model collaboration and consensus building, and tap into the genius of older generations.
- maximize their impact through exploring and expanding vision, unlocking potential and reaching desired goals with increased confidence, competency and commitment.
Participants in the GPSS Leadership Coach Training Program will also gain insight into and enhance their personal leadership impact in congregations, organizations, work and communities.
The GPSS Leadership Coaching model is:
- Grounded in theology, psychology, leadership, organizational development, and change management theory.
- Experiential and pragmatic in learning and application.
- Beneficial for both personal and professional development.
Similar to a GPS Navigational System, the GPSS Leadership Coaching model keeps the coach and the coachee on track, professionally and personally by concentrating on four points:
- GOD : Defines Motivation
- PEOPLE : Defines Interpersonal Dynamics
- SYSTEM : Defines Organizational Tools
- SELF : Defines Intrapersonal Dynamics
Two training tracks are available. The skills track consists of four modules, taught in intensive workshops including classroom sessions supplemented by supervised peer coaching. The professional certification track adds three mentor-coaching and three group-coaching sessions per module. USA programs are taught in English. A satellite program is offered in the Korean-language at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea.
MODULE 1 – Introduction to GPSS Coaching
MODULE 2 – Deepening the GPSS Model
MODULE 3 – Maximizing Leaders’ Potential
MODULE 4 – Coaching Leaders Through System Change and Conflict
To learn more about our faculty members, click here.
Entrance Requirement: A bachelor's degree is required.
For more information and registration, please view the Coach Training Brochure.
Workshop 1 - Basic Coach Training (includes Modules 1 and 2)
May 4-8, 2015
Workshop 2 - Advanced Coach Training
September 21-23, 2015
(Participants must have completed Basic Coach Training)
November 30 - December 2, 2015
(Participants must have completed Basic Coach Training and Module 3)
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Samaritan Center for Congregations
1733 Park Street, Suite 250, Naperville, IL 60540
Basic Training Workshop . . . . . . $1,800
Advanced Training Workshop . . . $1,800
Mentor and Group Coaching . . . $1,050 per Workshop
(optional; required for Certification Track participants)
Total for Basic or Advanced Certification Track Training . . . $2,850 per Workshop
- Training, materials, and assessment tools
- Lunch, snacks and one group dinner
- Participants are responsible for travel and housing*
- Certification Track participants are eligible to receive up to 125 Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) or CEU's toward ICF or BCC credentialing
Deposit and Cancellation
A $900 deposit per workshop is requiredto reserve your spot. Participants who cancel at least one month prior to a workshop may roll the deposit over to another program offered within the next twelve months.
REGISTER TODAY at Samartican Center for Congregations